Big Tuff Pallets Environmental Policy
Big Tuff Pallets commitment to sustainable development means we work to ensure our activities, timber products and services enhance the environment in the community in which we operate.
We are committed to environmental improvement and the reduction of pollution.
We work with our customers and suppliers to develop innovative packaging and recycling solutions that:
- Reduce waste,
- Minimise any lifecycle impacts and
- Assist with sustainable forest growth.
Within the operation we:
- Require employee's to comply with all applicable environmental laws, regulations and standards.
- Identify and manage environment risks within our operations and apply best practice principles to the prevention of pollution.
- Use natural resources responsibly and minimise the environmental impacts of our manufacturing processes.
- Implement and use management systems to plan, document, measure and monitor environmental performance including setting, assessing and reviewing objectives and targets.
- Continually improve performance through training, management review, research and development.
- Recycle pallets that are beyond economical repair by removing and using any good components before chipping the broken boards. The chipped timber is then reused in various applications from garden cover to children's playground cover.